Friday, January 30, 2015

Topper- non glitter

So I sort of fell apart on keeping this challenge up to date. The issue was that I was sick on Tuesday and then busy on Wednesday. Finally Thursday came along and I was able to do three friends' nails so that I could finish on time! So although I'm just now posting them, they should be day 28. These nails belong to the mum of one of my friends from my singing group. They came over for a mother-daughter night. They both love my nail art and were super excited to get manicures!


For the non-glitter topper, I had used I Can Teal that You Like Me from OPI sheer tints. It's the only topper that I have that isn't a glitter! I had to look up some ideas on pinterest and I really liked the idea of creating a gradient.


I started off with painting her nails a pinkish neutral, Summer Rose from boe. I then painted a bunch of layers of the sheer tint with slightly less of the nail each time. It reminded me of when I was little and used to dip candles in wax at Cedar Point to get different colours. It took a while for the colour to show up, but I was very pleased with the effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment