Friday, January 9, 2015

Red base- Coca-Cola

I knew that I wanted to do this challenge, so I had to think of something to do with a red base, which was the prompt for today. I had a harder time thinking of something to do than I would expect. Afterall, red was my favourite colour for most of my life!

It wasn't until I got to my desk to work on my nails that I had was inspired. My mother-in-law, um, I mean Santa, gave me an insulated Coca-Cola water bottle for Christmas. Well, duh! Red was my favourite colour when I was younger because I collected everything Coca-Cola. My nickname, CCG, stood for Coca-Cola Girl. I even painted my room in high school to look like the inside of a Coca-Cola bottle. Of course I also have the OPI Coca-Cola collection, although just the minis. Although the rest of my Coca-Cola collection stayed back in America when I moved to Australia.

I decided to paint my nails red and have the logo across the core four and the iconic contour bottle on my thumb.

The red that I used was Coca-Cola Red from OPI. The white was Snow Me White by Sinful Colors. The contour bottle was a little trickier. I wanted to capture the green glass aspect, so I mixed My Dogsled is a Hybrid by OPI and Top Coat plus from Nicole by OPI. I then added A-piers to be Tan from OPI to be the coke in the bottle. I also added a bottle cap with Metallica by Wet 'n' Wild.







1 comment: