Thursday, July 17, 2014

Galaxy!

I've been wanting to do a galaxy nail for a while because I think they are so beautiful! That's even why I chose to have the background for my blog. But I didn't have sponges for a long time and then I got so wrapped up in challenges that I wasn't able to give it a whirl until this month. I was so glad that the OMD2 challenge included a galaxy nail!

I'm not completely thrilled with my final product, especially the stars, but it was actually really easy so I can definitely see myself trying this over again sometime. I did like the polishes that I chose. From left to right: Radiant Violet by Three Beauties, Lily White by ulta3, the purple shade of Chi Chi magnetic polish, Candid Cameron by Nicole by OPI, and Push and Shove by OPI.


 I did two coats of the Radiant Violet to get the desired darkness. It is hard to tell with my pictures, but the polish is a deep blue with shimmers of blue and purple.



I sponged on some white. In retrospect, I would have liked the overall design if I actually planned where I was going to put the sponging.


 The purple came next. I actually had some of the purple and white mixing on my plastic bag and I liked the effect it gave from the few lighter streaks.


I used Candid Cameron next. I absolutely loved what the greenish blueish colour did to the galaxy effect.



I added some stars. I wasn't happy with this part. I thought that the silver would look good, but I think that the stars in general look silly. I did put the Big Dipper on my thumb, which I do like in theory.




 I found out that we don't have a good light for taking pictures of nails in our apartment, so I'll need to get a good desk lamp. In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures to try and capture them better.







No comments:

Post a Comment